Thursday, August 8, 2013

Here safe and sound

We arrived safely in Stockholm after 19 hours of traveling.  The boys were superstars.... they watched movies, ate snacks and think the plane ride was the greatest vacation ever!  Chase wanted to talk the entire trip which made watching movies and reading very difficult for mommy and daddy.  It could have been worse though, there was a screaming 3 year old on the flight throwing a tantrum for an hour.  Steve and I were just relieved it wasn't one of ours!!!Besides the airlines losing that gigantic crate that caused us so much trouble in Orlando, the flights were pretty smooth.  They did find it in Amsterdam and are supposed to deliver it to our apartment tonight.  We shall see.
Speaking of apartment, we are living in temporary housing for the next 10 days.  It's a small 3 bedroom place with one bathroom.  As soon as my ipad is up and running (can't get service yet...long story) I will post pictures.  The bathroom is the size of my hall closet in Atlanta.  It has the washer and dryer in it.  The shower water actually hits the washer and dryer.  Wow!  I have a lot to get used to here.  I know my sister April is laughing right now....thanking her husband for not moving her to Europe. hee hee hee  The cool part is that the apartment is in a very cool location. The boys have been people watching off of our balcony since we got here. I think my favorite part of this apartment is the grocery store across the street AND the Mall is across the street.  That could be trouble considering I only have one friend in Sweden right now and I"m feeling sad leaving all my friends and family back home. Shopping could be just the fix!!  Just kidding Steve!  :)
Speaking of my one friend, Claudette,she just called and offered to take the boys to the park for a while. Wow.... they have their first play date after only being here for  a few hours.  Thanks Claudette.....  they really need to get more energy out!  Iwill probably go down there too.  I could use some fresh air!
That's all for today.  My head hurts from lack of sleep, but other than that... all is great here!!!


2 comments: