Thursday, August 15, 2013

busy busy Thursday

Today was very long.... but a super fun day!!!!   The boys are all waking up between 8:00-9:00 each morning so we are moving in the right direction.  Going to bed is still a bit of a problem, but I'm hoping when they are in their own beds with their own sheets with all of our things around them, that will change.  
We met Claudette and Ryan at the Ferry at 10:30 this morning to head  over to the Aquarium.  The Aquarium didn't have a chance the minute the boys layed their eyes on the roller coasters at Grona Lund.  While they were begging for the amusement park, I was in awe of the amazing view.  Below are some of the pictures I took that don't  come close to how beautiful it really was.  


 
Once again, thank God Claudette was with me because buying tickets was no easy task for this non Swedish speaker.  The park itself was really pretty, it reminded me of Epcot.  I posted a lot of pictures so you could see for yourself.  The surrounding water was breathtaking.  It was the perfect day to be there, the weather was 70 and sunny with not a cloud in the sky.  From what I'm hearing, this has been an unusually warm summer.  If they consider 60's and 70's warm for July and August, guess where I will be next year to get my 80-90 degree fix.  :).  The boys had a blast on the roller coasters and rides.  The big boys were also really sweet to go on some rides with Chase.  Here's a picture of Smith doing his big brother duties on this lame ride. 
 
Check this next photo out....  I spy something weird!!!! By the way... I spotted her numerous times throughout the ride.  
The big boys had fun on their rides while Chase and I hit the elephants.


 
There were some unusual characters at this park.  Here's one that was walking towards us that sent Chase running for the hills.  I thought it was rather creepy myself
This next one was a very strange clown lady that had a weird voice.  Not many kids were attracted to these characters, perhaps they need a new marketing plan. 
 
There was white Cotten candy at the park and the boys were fascinated.  I believe it was white because in Europe food coloring is frowned upon.  If only the US would pick up on some of this.  

Well, I made my first major boo boo on the trains today.  After our busy day at the park, we were wiped out.  By the time we got home, we had 30 minutes to be on the train for Jake's final tryout.  Poor Chase needed a nap so badly, but those days are long gone.  Instead, he had to walk a mile.  Smith told me he doesn't  like Sweden because there's too much walking and train riding.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that this is easy compared to winter when it's 10 below 0!!  It was smooth sailing, or at least I thought it was.... until I was distracted by my boys and their constant bickering, and I took the wrong train to practice.  We were on the wrong line with 15 minutes until practice started.  Long story short, I figured it out and we literally sprinted through the station, sprinted through the streets (holding Chase) and only arrived 10 minutes late. It was a horrible feeling.  The only good that came out of it, I stumbled on another amazing park directly next to the field.  Chase found his 2nd or maybe 3rd wind and Smith was in his climbing glory.  Afterwards, I asked Jake what his coach said when he apologized for being late (because we took the wrong train).   "Oh, he started laughing mom".  Great!!!!

We met another Swedish friend today, Ava.  She is married to an American, who we met Monday at Jake's practice.  Both super nice people.  The kids all hit it off and we found out they live only a few blocks away.  We ended up talking to them for an hour after practice.  Great for us....  bad for Chase.  By the time we made it to where we were eating (nope, we haven't eaten yet), Chase was in full meltdown mode and then passed out for a brief moment.
As if this wasn't enough, we have starving children and completely full restaurants.  The section of town we chose was really fun... lots of people, outdoor dining and music, but no tables available.  Steve finagled us a table, but we still had to tackle the menu.  We chose three entrees that looked basic and placed an order.  Doesn't chicken and baked potato sound "basic" to you????  Well, without describing what it looked like, I will instead tell you all the kids' individual reactions.  Jake, "ewe I'm not eating that!"  Smith: " mom, what did you order me for dinner?"  Chase just started crying hysterically.  The food actually wasn't that bad, but like the kids, I was hoping for something familiar too.  
All in all, the day was great.  We hung out with friends at the amusement park, met new friends, got lost but found our way,  and.....  Jake was asked to join the soccer club AIK.   We are so proud of him!!!!

I'm closing with some of my favorite pictures.  I'm not sure if there will be a post tomorrow because its moving day!!!!!  After five long weeks of living out of suitcases, we are finally going to have a home!



 


 


 




 





 

 


 

 



 

 

 




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment