Sunday, September 1, 2013

Weekend Fun



Djorgärden
Friday started off with a two hour walk with the PTA group.  We walked to another area of Stockholm, Djorgärden, it was beautiful.  The walk took us on a gravel path around the water.  There were bikers, walkers, runners and children throughout.  There were cafes and restaurants and also homes surrounding us.  I couldn't believe how quaint and quiet this area was considering it was still the city.  There is a lot of history in Djorgärden, I read up on it afterwards.  It will be great place to come back with Smith for nature walks.  He loves nature walks, especially with Pop Pop.  Come visit soon Pop Pop.  I walked passed the Abba Museum and can't wait to experience that.  
The view from our walk
Lori in front of the cafe where everyone had fika after the walk.

I'm at a point with my apartment where it's time to start decorating.  I hate figuring out where pictures should go and what curtains are needed where.  It is definitely not something I enjoy.  So... I found a million other things to do and procrastinated that project.  My goal this week.... all pictures on walls!  If I write it here, I'm now accountable.  :)  
Creg and Claudette's son, Ryan, was our house guest this weekend.  They escaped to Amsterdam for a few days and we had the pleasure of keeping Ryan with us.  We had a great time!  It was nice having an older boy around the house.  I know Jake loved having a big "brother" to hang with.


It started out as a rainy Saturday so we went for lunch at O'Leary's and watched soccer.  The way football is on all the t.v.s at home is how soccer is on here.  My boys are in heaven!  By the time we finished lunch, the rain was gone and the sun was shining.  We headed to Humlegården (the park with the turf soccer field that I stumbled upon last Sunday).  It's fun when you know enough people in your area that you run into them at the park and grocery stores.  We saw one of our new family friends playing at the park... and spent hours there together.  Here are some pictures of the boys playing soccer.




Even Chase had a friend to play with.

This next picture makes me laugh every time I look at it.  When it rains, the little kids wear these rain pants and boots.  The funny part is that this girl's parents didn't take them off when the sun came out.  
Chase loved this game too.
I notice at the park that people are often grilling hotdogs. There's a big open grill (not like the ones we see at our parks).  I'll take a picture next time.  What I think happens is that you buy raw hotdogs at the park and then cook them yourself.  Interesting concept.  
I have discovered a new candy that is so delicious.  I don't know what happened to me here.... candy is so tempting.  I never ate candy at home.  This could be a serious problem.  Here's a picture of Chase holding my new favorite treats, Polly.  Erica, is this the one you were telling me about?

We spent Saturday night playing Beat the Parents.  The kids definitely beat the parents in this game.  Steve and I got our butts kicked!    We woke up early Sunday for Smith's practice and Jake's soccer game.  Unfortunately, they were at the exact same time so I took Smith, and Steve and the boys went to the game.  Here's a picture of Smitty on the train heading to his practice.  The weather was quite chilly this morning.  I was able to go for a long run while he practiced.  It was a little longer than I was planning, due to a few wrong turns.  Hee hee

Jake's game went well.. they tied 1-1 and Jake got the assist.  Way to go!  I'm anxious to see him play here in Sweden.  Due to scheduling... I haven't even seen a practice yet.  That's been a huge adjustment for me because back home we had a car and we were usually able to see both boys play.  With the lack of transportation here, that is impossible.  Steve really wants to ship our car over and I'm starting to lean that way too.  

The weekends seem to be flying by.  I can't believe it's Sunday night already.  I went grocery shopping (that is one chore I really don't like doing here).  Even with my grocery cart, it's stressful.  Plus, there are steps everywhere and the ramps are only wide enough for the strollers to fit.  The wheels of my cart are too narrow which make it really difficult to pull up the ramps.  I'm so accustomed to shopping in large quantities.  I need to just shop for a day or two.  
I just put Chase to sleep.. he's pooped.  The boys are complaining less and less about walking so much.  They must be getting used to it.  They are pretty tired at the end of the day though.  Mommy and Daddy are wiped out as well.  My blinkies are still doing the trick, so the early morning light doesn't affect this girl!  We are old pros on the train now so we don't have to leave for school until 8:00.  This gives us an extra hour sleep from last year.  It's so nice to sleep until 7:15!

I will take pictures of my apartment this week AFTER the pictures are hung.  The breeze is getting cooler and cooler so I absolutely love the windows open.  It makes the apartment smell clean.  The weather is going to turn cold soon though.  I've heard September marks the turning point.  So.... windows won't be open as often I 'm sure.  I am desperately missing my Scentsy warmers.  I didn't take them here because of the outlets but I did take all my scents.  If anyone knows of a rep in Europe, please pass the name along.  

I wonder what this weeks holds for the Payne family..... stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. Ryan seems like such a nice boy, and I know you were happy to pay back Claudette for all the help she has given you. Looks like you have begun to set up shared babysitting, etc! Loved pics of the boys, all soooo adorable.
    Have fun decorating this week. Can't wait to see photos. Love from Gamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This country seems amazing! We cannot wait to visit in the spring. you will be a native by then and Oh, the adventures we will have! Loving the fact that you all have friends. Ryan seems very sweet. Couldn't be happier for you. Please be safe with all the "rude" people. Don't let them hurt you or my babies!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete